The goal of the Ebenezer School-Age Program (includes Before and After School, Vacation Days, and Summer Blast) is to reinforce the concepts and skills your child is learning in elementary school.
Our teachers accomplish this by planning fun and engaging activities for individuals, small groups, and large groups. Our school-age teachers will also work one on one with children to help them with homework.
This classroom is a high energy, exciting, and enthusiastic place. The teacher in this room will:
- Assist children in learning math concepts while baking, cooking, building with a variety of materials, playing cards, playing board games
- Provide opportunities children to improve fine motor skills and express their personal creativity by writing stories, acting out skits or plays, working on an art project, designing props, wood working
- Implement team building activities that reinforce virtues such as cooperation, diligence, perseverance, friendliness, respect, humility, consideration
- Plan field trips and investigative science activities
- Offer activities that will enhance large motor skills through playing sports physical games